Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Soddies

Today in class we learned about what it was like to live in a soddie. The first activity I did helped teach me how it felt to have your picture taken in the late 1800s. The camera would take around one minute to take a picture. The people in the picture would have to stand perfectly still to make sure the picture wasn't blurry. I probably couldn't stand still for one minute, and if I was to take a picture like this it would be extremely blurry. Then we got to smell some sod. It was kind of like wet grass, it smelt pretty bad though. Although I do believe that after a while you would get used to the smell. Then we got to stay in a "soddie" made of desks. It was extremely small, and I don't see how more than one bed would fit in it if a stove and table were included in it. It would be quite uncomfortable living conditions. I would probably end up just killing myself, since the space in the room was so small. I wouldn't be able to live in such a confined space all my life. Especially if I had to do so alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment